Sunday, June 20, 2010

Menu Planning

I can't tell you how many days dinner time rolls around and I throw something together and it ends up being the same ol thing or boring pizza. Pizza is great but not when it is twice a week. When even the kids groan at pizza night we have had the cheese pie way to much. This goes also for spaghetti and plain old chicken with rice. I tend to get in a rut when it comes to meals. So this week was my trial of scheduling meals. Now I can't plan out a whole week of specific meals. But I can plan out types of meals with maybe a few specific ones. So this last week the meal line up was as follows:

Monday - Beef made burgers with black beans and sweet mesquite seasoning (This was a hit)
Tuesday -  Tacos with corn tortillas gently crisped with a wee bit of olive oil (got a thumbs up)
Wednesday - pasta  (pool party and had hot dogs)
Thursday - Chicken made with onions, salsa verde, pineapples and some mesquite seasoning (even the neighbor kid liked it)
Friday - Pasta  (had leftovers from Thursday)
Saturday - Fire Pit Surprise Foil wrapped meal of burger, onion, potato slices and a big dollop of baked beans (yep the kids were clueless until they unwrapped the foil packet, thumbs up)
Sunday - Pot Roast in a pressure cooker

The planning worked well and I will be doing it again. Funny how we never had pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment